Panini Maker – Beginner Tips
Your friend made you a panini, and you loved it. Now you’re wondering how to make them yourself. Well, it’s easier than you think, this beginners guide will have you cooking Paninis in no time! Let’s start by looking at your options on our Panini maker reviews. After you choose the best Panini maker for yourself, we have some tips, and recipes to help get you cooking.
- The cooking plates are non-stick, there’s no need to use cooking spray. Using cooking spray can affect how the press heats and cooks.
- Remember, anything with higher sugar content will cook and brown faster. To avoid burning juices, drain marinades with high sugar content.
- Use pre-cooked fruits, fresh fruits have more juices and will make your bread soggy.
- Denser bread grills best, buy loaves for cutting thicker slices. Bread types that grill nicely: sourdough, levain, multigrain, brioche, challah, and focaccia. You can also try tortillas, corn bread, raisin bread, and even pound cake.
- Cooking meat with large bones, like T-bone steaks, is not recommended on a Panini grill.
- When cooking tougher cuts of meat, tenderize them with an overnight marinade of wine or vinegar.
- Take care when biting into any filled items you cook, they hold heat longer than expected.
You’re Ready to Start Cooking With Your New Panini Press!
All right it’s time to start cooking! We have two easy recipes, both are great for kids and crowds. Your first recipe is an easy treat everyone will love, we found this one on Buzzfeed. Your second recipe is one we cook at home all the time.
Nutella Waffle Sandwich Cookies.
All you need is your Panini press and a 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 dozen sandwich cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to the mix heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes or until it has a mousse-like texture.
- In a separate bowl, mix, powdered sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cornstarch.
- Gently fold dry mixture into the wet mousse-like mixture until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the Panini press to 375 degrees or medium-high heat.
- Pour a tablespoon of the batter in the center of the press, close, and cook for about 90 seconds.
- Remove waffle and cut with the 2-inch cookie cutter. Cut cookies before they cool, once cool they become brittle and break.
- After your cookies have cooled, spread one cookie with Nutella, and top with a second cookie to form sandwiches.
Stuffed Bacon Cheddar Burgers.
These cheese-filled burgers will please even finicky eaters and are quick to make. You will need a hamburger press if you don’t have one, you can hand shape the patties. Make sure to form your patties with the same thickness, so the top plates make even contact with all the burgers.
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-6 burgers
- 3 Lbs ground beef
- 8-12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cooked bacon or bacon bits
- Place ground beef in a bowl and season to taste.
- Break the cooked bacon into small pieces.
- Place a small amount of ground beef in the hamburger press and create a pocket.
- Fill the pocket with shredded Cheddar and bacon.
- Place a small handful of ground beef on top and press until sides close.
- Grill on medium-high for about 6-8 minutes until cooked to medium-well.
You’re all set! You know the best Panini makers, which one you want, how to use it, and have recipes to cook. Time to buy your choice from our Best Panini Press Reviews, follow the recipes, and cook some great food!