Best 4-Slice Toaster Reviews – 2018
Like many purchases, it’s helpful to do a little research before you go shopping for a 4-slice toaster. Our list of the 5 top 4-slice toasters and toaster buying guide will help you to pick the right appliance for your needs.
A reliable and versatile 4-slice toaster that produces crisp golden toast will make it easy for you to cook up a delicious breakfast for your family. The pleasant aroma of hot buttered toast or quick toaster waffles makes it easier to get the family out of bed in the morning.
Our research team has tested the best 4-slice toasters on the market and compared their strengths and weaknesses. This list of the best 4-slice toasters and toaster buying guide will help you to pick a model that’s just right for you.
Let’s get started with our top 5 best 4-slice toaster reviews:
Best 4-Slice Toaster Comparison Table
|Image||Product Name||Dimensions||# Slices||Our Rating||Price|
|Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster|
** TOP OVERALL PICK **
|12.5 x 11.4 x 8 in.||4||9.6 / 10||See Price|
|Hamilton Beach 24810 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster|
** TOP BUDGET PICK **
|15.8 x 7.5 x 7.8 in.||4||9.3 / 10||See Price|
|Oster TSSTTRWF4S 4-Slice Toaster||12.7 x 13 x 8.5 in.||4||9.5 / 10||See Price|
|KRUPS KH734D Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster||13.5 x 13.3 x 8.6 in.||4||9.0 / 10||See Price|
|BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster, Extra-Wide, Black, TR1410BD||11.2 x 11.8 x 8.8 in.||4||8.1 / 10||See Price|
Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster
** TOP OVERALL PICK **
The Cuisinart CPT-180 offers excellent toasting performance and has useful features like Defrost, Reheat, and Bagel. The retro design and brushed stainless steel housing with polished black and chrome accents make this toaster a timeless classic.
- Extra-wide 1½-inch wide toasting slots allow you to toast items like sliced bread, toaster pastries, frozen pancakes, bagels and French toast.
- The high-lift lever allows you to lift the toast clear out of the toaster for safe and easy removal.
- Dual independent toasting controls make it two toasters in one.
- Two separate control panels allow you to toast 2 different types of bread with different settings at the same time.
- This toaster provides multiple toasting functions: Reheat Defrost, Bagel, Toast, and Cancel.
- The bagel setting applies heat to the upper half of the bagel only. It provides a delicious bagel with a chewy, soft bottom and a crispy top.
- The removable slide-out crumb tray catches crumbs and pieces of bread, making it easy for you to clean up.
- This appliance is built to North American electrical standards
- The shade control setting provides a full range of browning options, allowing you to toast bread perfectly according to your preferences.
- A cord wrap is provided under the toaster, which will help you to keep your kitchen tidy when it is not being used.
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty and an instruction book.
- LED indicators make it easy for you to view the settings and status.
To sum up, the Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic may be the right choice if you’re looking for a compact 4-slice toaster with a classic, timeless appeal, which combines useful features with exceptional performance.
Hamilton Beach 24810 4-Slice Long Slot Keep Warm Toaster
** TOP BUDGET PICK **
The Hamilton Beach 24810 is an attractive stainless steel 4-slice toaster with illuminated easy-push buttons, a shade selector dial, and two extra-wide slots. There’s no need to eat cold toast because it can keep your toast warm for three minutes without over toasting.
- You will hear three beeps when the toasting cycle is complete.
- The Keep Warm mode holds the toast in the slot and keeps it warm for 3 minutes without over toasting before shutting off automatically.
- The Defrost button allows you to thaw and toast frozen food perfectly.
- The Toast Boost feature lifts bread higher, facilitating safe and easy removal of small slices of bread.
- The under-base cord wrap keeps your kitchen tidy when the toaster is not being used.
- The slide-out crumb tray catches crumbs and pieces of bread, making cleaning up easy.
- Long, extra-wide slots can uniformly warm and toast long slices of artisan bread, English muffins, and bagels.
- There’s no need to stuff your bread into the slots to make it fit. Thick slices of bread will fit in easily.
- There is a special button for toasting bagels, which allows you to toast only the cut side.
- The cool-wall feature keeps this toaster cool on the outside, reducing the risk of burns. You can keep it in the cupboard while the inside is still warm.
- It features the following illuminated easy-push buttons that are easy to view: Cancel, Defrost, Bagel and Keep Warm.
- A shade selector allows you to choose how dark you want your toast to be, so you can toast bread perfectly according to your preferences.
To sum up, the Hamilton Beach 24810 is packed with great features, and it may be the right choice if you are looking for a 4-slice toaster that can accommodate extra-long and broad slices of artisan bread and bagels.
Oster TSSTTRWF4S 4-Slice Toaster
The Oster TSSTTRWF4S has extra-wide slots that can accommodate English muffins, bagels, tea cakes, sandwich bread, thick slices of homemade bread and more. Practical simplicity and sleek curves make this 4-slice toaster one of the best.
- The brushed stainless steel finish provides timeless good looks.
- Advanced technology ensures even and consistent toasting, making this toaster an outstanding performer.
- The 7 toast shade settings provide complete control over toasting, allowing you to make perfect toast according to your preferences.
- The retractable cord allows easy storage and keeps your kitchen tidy when the toaster is not being used.
- You can choose one of the following operation modes: Cancel, Reheat, Frozen, and Bagel
- Extra-wide slots can accommodate a variety of bread of different types.
- Even toasting is ensured by dual auto-adjusting bread guides, which adjust according to the thickness of the bread.
- Two toast lifts elevate smaller pieces of hot bread from the bread slots for easy and safe removal.
- The dishwasher-safe removable crumb tray catches crumbs and pieces of bread and allows fast and convenient cleaning.
- The anti-jam feature automatically shuts the toaster off.
- This toaster is a very useful and attractive addition to any collection of countertop appliances.
- It makes a great wedding or housewarming gift.
To sum up, the Oster TSSTTRWF4S may be the right choice if you are looking for a versatile and reliable 4-slice toaster that takes up minimal counter space and has extra-wide slots for different types of bread.
KRUPS KH734D Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster
The KRUPS KH734D has a distinctive design with a brushed and chrome stainless steel housing and blue LED indicators. Its extra-large, self-centering slots can comfortably accommodate a variety of bread and toast them to perfection.
- It will look good on your kitchen counter, and you can use it to toast 4 bagels or slices of bread at a time.
- The Defrost function ensures that you will get consistent results while thawing and toasting frozen bread.
- The Reheat function allows you to reheat your toast without having to worry about browning it more.
- Advanced toasting technology ensures even and consistent browning of any type of bread.
- The shade-setting dial offers 6 levels of browning, from light to dark, for perfect toasting according to your preferences.
- The extra-large, self-centering slots can hold a variety of bread, including thick slices of homemade bread, English muffins, buns, and bagels.
- The Bagel mode allows you to toast the inside and warm the outside of bagels perfectly.
- The high lift lever allows you to remove smaller pieces of bread from the toaster without any risk of burns.
- Cord storage allows you to keep your kitchen tidy when the toaster is not being used
- It comes with a 2-year worldwide warranty
- Two removable crumb trays catch crumbs and pieces of bread, making cleaning easy
- The dual independent control panels provide 5 functions: Bagel, Reheat, Defrost, Toasting and Cancel.
To sum up, the KRUPS KH734D Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster may be the right choice if you are searching for a high-quality 4-slice toaster that looks great and toasts bread and bagels perfectly according to your preferences.
BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster, Extra-Wide, Black, TR1410B
The BLACK+DECKER TR1410BD features extra-wide slots with self-centering guides that can accommodate different types of bread. It ensures even and consistent browning on both sides of the bread. Indicator lights, one-touch controls, and browning levels allow you to pick your preferred toast shade easily.
- Each side of the toaster is controlled by separate control, allowing you to toast different types of bread with different settings simultaneously.
- One-touch Frozen and Bagel functions allow you to get perfect results while toasting frozen food and bagels.
- The Cancel button allows you to stop toasting at any stage if you feel your toast is done.
- Cleaning up is easy thanks to the drop-down crumb tray, which catches crumbs and pieces of bread.
- The integrated cord storage makes storage easy and keeps your kitchen tidy when the toaster is not being used.
- The high-lift lever makes it safe and easy for you to remove smaller pieces of bread from the toaster.
- Extra-wide slots allow you to toast thick bagels and artisan bread easily, without having to stuff them into the slots.
- Self-adjusting guides keep both thick and thin items in the right position, providing even browning on both sides.
To sum up, the BLACK+DECKER TR1410BD may be the right choice if you are looking for a 4-slice toaster that can toast different types of bread and bagels perfectly and is easy to use and clean.
4-slice toaster buying guide
A high-quality toaster will provide even and consistent toasting on both sides of the bread across all slices in a lot and across multiple lots. You can choose from several shade settings that provide different levels of browning according to your preferences.
A variety of 4-slice toasters are available in different shapes, sizes, and colors. You can look for a toaster that matches the décor of your kitchen. If you are short of counter space, you can look for a compact 4-slice toaster with a small footprint.
How to choose the right 4-slice toaster for your needs:
- Before you go shopping for a toaster, think about:
- How many people there are in your family
- The size and type of bread you like to eat
- How much kitchen counter space you have
- How much you are willing to spend
- Look for a high-quality toaster that browns both sides of the bread evenly and consistently.
- A cheap toaster may burn your toast or make it crunchy on one side and soft on the other.
- A little research can help you to buy the right appliance at a good price.
Benefits of buying a 4-slice toaster:
- A 4-slice toaster allows you to serve 3 or 4 people who want to have breakfast together while the omelet is still hot and the butter is still melting.
- If you use a 2-slice toaster to make toast for several people, multiple toasting cycles may lead to cold food by the time you serve it.
- A 4-slice toaster with independent controls will allow you to toast different types of bread with different settings at the same time.
- You can toast bread and bagels at the same time in a 4-slice toaster with different settings, according to the preferences of the people you are serving.
- A 4-slice toaster also functions as a 2-slice toaster. You can use one side of the toaster if you only want to toast two slices of bread at a time.
- However, if you find yourself using two slots of a 4-slice toaster most of the time, a 2-slice toaster may be suitable for you.
Things to consider before buying 4-slice toaster:
- Consider the size of your family and how many people you usually serve at a time. You may need a 4-slice toaster if you have a large family.
- However, a 4-slice toaster is bigger than a 2-slice model, and it will take up more space on your kitchen counter.
- If you have limited kitchen counter space, look for a slim 4-slice toaster with two long slots, which has a smaller footprint and is more versatile.
- If space is a major constraint, you may even have to settle for a 2-slice toaster with a smaller footprint.
- Think about the type of bread you usually toast and look for a toaster with slots that are long and wide enough to accommodate them.
- If you only toast standard slices of bread, almost any toaster with standard slots will do.
- Check to see if the toaster can center bread automatically for even browning.
- A toaster with a high lift lever will allow you to remove smaller items easily without burning your fingers.
- Look for a model that matches the décor of your kitchen. You can choose from a wide range of colors, designs, and materials.
- You can also look for toaster covers that match the color scheme of your kitchen.
- If you like to freeze your food, a toaster with a Defrost setting will allow you to thaw and cook it easily.
- If you like to make bagels, look for a toaster with a Bagel setting, which browns one side more than the other.
Features to look for in a toaster
- 2-slice toaster or 4-slice toaster – A 2-slice toaster can toast 2 slices of bread at a time, and a 4-slice toaster can toast 4 slices of bread at a time.
- Small footprint – If you are short of kitchen counter space, you may need to look for a compact 4-slice toaster with a small footprint or even settle for a smaller 2-slice model.
- Slot length – Standard slots are around 4 inches in length. Extended slots are around 5½ inches in length and are used to toast long bread varieties like rye.
- Slot width – Standard slots are around one inch in width, and extra-wide slots are around 1.25 – 1.5 inches in width.
- Shade settings – Shade settings allow you to select the desired level of browning. You can toast your bread or bagels perfectly according to your preferences.
- Defrost – This setting allows you to thaw frozen food and toast it in one cycle. There’s no need to run the food through two consecutive toasting cycles.
- Reheat – This setting allows you to warm up toasted items that have become cold, without any additional browning.
- Keep warm – This option allows you to keep your toast or bagels warm for a few extra minutes after the toasting cycle is complete, without any additional browning.
- Bagel – This setting allows you to cook one side of sliced bagels, toaster pastries or English muffins more than the other side to prevent overcooking of the side with the crust.
- Crumb tray – Crumbs and pieces of bread that fall during toasting are caught by the crumb tray, making cleaning easy.
- Digital control panel – A digital control panel replaces the traditional knobs and buttons and is easier to view. The exterior is easier to clean because there are no protruding knobs.
- LED indicator lights – LED indicator lights provided by the control panel make it easy for you to view the settings and status.
- Toast lifter – You can use a lever to raise small slices of bread higher out of the slot for easier removal. This helps you to avoid putting your fingers into a hot toaster.
- Motorized lift – Some models have motorized lifts that raise the toast gently out of the toaster. There’s no need to worry about the toast popping right out of the toaster.
- Lift and look – Some toasters can raise the toast slowly and then lower it again, allowing you to see if it is done.
- Alerts – A beep or bell sounds when the cycle is complete, and the toast pops up, letting you know that your toast is ready.
- Cord wrap or retracting cord – You can wrap or retract the cord easily if you want to store your toaster in the cupboard. This helps you to keep your kitchen tidy when your toaster is not in use.
- Auto-centering – Self-adjusting guides keep both thick and thin items equidistant from the heating elements, ensuring even toasting on both sides.
- Cancel button – You can push the Cancel button in mid-cycle to stop the toasting. You may want to stop the toasting if you think your toast is done before the cycle is complete.
- Cool touch exterior – A toaster that’s cool to the touch will prevent burns, and you can store it in the cupboard after use even if the interior is still warm.
- Materials used – Stainless steel is durable and resists dirt, but it shows scratches and fingerprints.
- Fingerprints may not show on a colored plastic housing, but it may fade after some time.
- A white surface may show dirt and age more than a metal surface.
- A shiny chrome surface may show fingerprints more than a plastic or stainless steel surface.
- You can look for a model with a stainless steel body with plastic accents that matches the décor of your kitchen.
- Clear sides – Some toasters have clear sides that allow you to see your bread toasting, though this may not help to improve toasting performance in any way.
- Contemporary and retro designs – You can pick a retro or contemporary design based on your kitchen’s décor and preferences.
- Countdown timer or progress bar – Look for a model with a progress bar or timer if you want to keep track of how much time is left.
- Dual controls – Dual controls allow you to have separate settings for each pair of slots. You can toast different types of bread with different settings at the same time.
- Cover – A cover prevents dirt and dust from falling into your toaster when it’s not in use. You can be sure that nothing will fall into it while it is in a cabinet.
A high-quality 4-slice toaster made by a reputable manufacturer may cost a little more, but it will give you years of trouble-free service. Browse through customer reviews before you choose an appliance. Compare prices on the websites of online retailers to find the best deals on the most popular 4-slice toasters.