Looking For A Ceiling Fan?
A little research can help you to buy the right ceiling fan at a good price. Take time to consider your needs and look for a ceiling fan that fits your budget. This guide will help you to pick a ceiling fan based on how much you want to spend.
Some of the key questions you need to answer are:
- What’s the area of your room?
- How high is your ceiling?
- Do you need a reversible ceiling fan?
- Do you need a fan with lights?
- Do you need a model with a remote?
- How many blades do you prefer?
- Which designs, colors, and finishes will match the décor of your room?
There are ceiling fans for every budget, and a little research can help you to find one that’s just right for you. You can buy ceiling fans at prices ranging from as little as $50 to more than $300.
If you have a small budget, you can look for a simple model with or without a light. With a bigger budget, you can get a reversible model with better styling, more powerful air delivery, quieter air flow, higher energy efficiency, lighting options, a remote control, light dimming, DC motors, designer blades, etc.
Here’s what you can expect to get depending on your budget:
If your budget is $50 to $100
For $50 – $100, you can get a decent looking ceiling fan that offers great value.
- You can choose from a variety of designs, colors, and finishes.
- These models come with different numbers of blades.
- While some of them have very simple designs, others are quite decorative.
- You may even find a reversible ceiling fan in this price range, which can be used in the summer as well as the winter.
- You can consider fans with different types of lights, which will look great in your room.
- Incandescent or CFL light bulbs are often used in these fans.
- Fans in a variety of finishes are available, which include gun metal, matte black, brushed nickel, white, brushed chrome, onyx Bengal, mahogany, walnut, Brazilian Cherry and matte silver.
If your budget is $100 to $200
For between $100 and $200, you can get a ceiling fan that looks great and offers outstanding air delivery.
- Expect to get a more stylish ceiling fan with a light kit and a remote.
- You can look for a bigger ceiling fan, which is capable of cooling a larger room.
- Depending on your preferences, you can consider a variety of styles including casual, low profile, 1 light source, nautical/coastal, contemporary, modern, traditional and formal.
- It’s best to consider the décor of your room before you pick a style.
- You can get a reversible ceiling fan that provides quiet and powerful performance and may be damp rated.
- Ceiling fans in this price range may use LED or CFL bulbs, which are more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
If your budget is $200 to $300
With a budget of $200 – $300, you can buy a quiet, powerful and energy-efficient ceiling fan with a remote control that offers multiple speeds.
- In this price range, you can get a high-quality reversible fan.
- You can look for a more stylish ceiling fan, which has weather-resistant blades and is suitable for indoor-outdoor use.
- Select a model with integrated dimmable LED lights that help to reduce energy consumption.
- An elegantly styled ceiling fan with crystal ornamental lights can do wonders for the looks of your room, and it may be just what you need to make a style statement.
If your budget is more than $300
With a budget of more than $300, you can get a high-end fan that offers powerful air delivery and is very quiet.
- Expect to get a top-of-the-line ceiling fan made from the finest materials with outstanding craftsmanship.
- You can get an energy-efficient, reversible ceiling fan with a powerful motor that can cool a large room.
- Select a high-quality ceiling fan with features like integrated dimmable LED lighting, handcrafted glass, deluxe textiles and handmade blades.
- These high-end ceiling fans use state-of-the-art technology and are available in a variety of designs ranging from modern to vintage.
Consider your needs
- If you only want to cool your room, look for a basic ceiling fan with limited features.
- Choose a ceiling fan with lighting if your room needs additional light.
- If you want to use your fan in the summer as well as the winter, look for a reversible fan.
- Look for a model that’s designed to tolerate moisture if you want to use the fan in a damp or wet area.
- If energy efficiency is an important consideration, look for a model that consumes less power.
- Search for a model with a remote control if you want to change settings from a distance.
Shop around and compare prices
Shop around and compare offers at the websites of a few online sellers before buying a fan. This can help you to get a high-quality fan with a comprehensive warranty at an attractive price. A little research can help to find out about special discounts, free accessories, extended warranty offers and more.
Browse through customer reviews
Before you make up your mind to buy a particular ceiling fan, browse through customer reviews to see what users are saying about it. You may discover issues that will make you change your mind or find that some models offer benefits you were not aware of. It’s best to consider your needs and look for a ceiling fan that fits your budget.